Sunday, April 29, 2012

Dash!!!



This week was our final day at St. Mary's. We all made collages to show our thanks to the school and the wonderful students who participated in our activities.  We started off the day with parachute activities which the students seemed to love.  They were amazed as to how big the parachute was, and so was I for that matter.  We played many different games with the parachute click here for samples.   http://www.ultimatecampresource.com/site/camp-activities/parachute-games.page-1.html.  After our adventure with parachute games we then split off with the students our groups were assigned to work with.  Our group had pre-k.  Mallory, Matt and I went into a class room while Ryan and Steve did an art activity with the other students.  When I was in the class room I played hyper dash with some students.  They LOVED IT!  I think they liked the game because it "talked" to them.  They would listen for the cues from the hyper dash and match the colors up. One student even said on camera, "I'm sweating!” and had to get a drink of water.  I thought that was really cool especially because we were in such a confined space on a small carpet in a class room.  After playing hyper dash Mallory read them a story about an Astronaut while Ryan and I set up our games.  My game was called builders and bulldozers.  The point of the game is to have some students be builders and others are bulldozers and bulldozers knock down the cones I set up in our area of the gym and builders set them up so there is consistent activity.  At first I wasn't sure how the game would work, I thought the students would get bored easily but I was wrong.  The students loved the game and could probably play it all day.  I changed some cues throughout the game and had students skip to the cones and even had them knock down the cones with their knee just to change up the environment for them.  Ryan's game involved the students making ice cream cones and cotton candy using balls and cones which they seemed to really enjoy.  The day went by really quickly and before I knew it we were leaving St. Mary's, I have been proud in the way I have grown as a future educator and St. Mary's was an awesome experience!



1 comment:

  1. Great information!!! Thanks for your wonderful informative blog.
    Village Talkies a top-quality professional corporate video production company in Bangalore and also best explainer video company in Bangalore & animation video makers in Bangalore, Chennai, India & Maryland, Baltimore, USA provides Corporate & Brand films, Promotional, Marketing videos & Training videos, Product demo videos, Employee videos, Product video explainers, eLearning videos, 2d Animation, 3d Animation, Motion Graphics, Whiteboard Explainer videos Client Testimonial Videos, Video Presentation and more for all start-ups, industries, and corporate companies. From scripting to corporate video production services, explainer & 3d, 2d animation video production , our solutions are customized to your budget, timeline, and to meet the company goals and objectives.
    As a best video production company in Bangalore, we produce quality and creative videos to our clients.

    ReplyDelete