Friday, April 20, 2012

Monsters, Crocodiles and Tag!






       By far my best experience at St. Mary's so far this semester.  My group worked with the Pre-K students and had a blast. First we went outside and played on the playground.  I played freeze tag with a couple of the kids until they decided to play red light green light.  I then saw that Mallory had made up a game with a couple of the girls on the jungle gym set.  The point of the game was to not get "eaten" tagged by the crocodile.  The girls seemed to love the game and always wanted to be the crocodiles. After a while some boys joined in to play and they were sharks.  It was a fun game because it worked on moving around on the jungle gym and taking turns being "it".  We then went inside and I read a book called "A Monster's Day at Work".  I picked out the book because it had a lot of great pictures and I figured the younger children would like the monsters.  When I was reading I had everyones attention and the students were asking questions throughout the story. When the story was over some students asked me to read other books, I probably could have sat there all day reading to them.  I thought it was amazing how they just went from running around like crazy outside, to being inside and paying such close attention to everything I said.  After being at St. Mary's this semester I know that I definitely want to teach,  I love being in the role model position in class and seeing the kids smile is the best part of the job!

Check out my lab five!


No comments:

Post a Comment